The New Vegan Girl: 5 Vegan Lunches for Work expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 18 January 2017

5 Vegan Lunches for Work

Vegan lunches you can take to work

Vegan packed lunch

I find eating vegan foods at home is actually really easy, especially if you've already done a basic vegan food shop and plan what you're going to have ahead of actually doing it. But I was concerned slightly about what types of things I could pack for lunch...

I work in an office and we don't have a canteen so you either spend money every day buying stuff from the Sainsburys down the road or you make your own packed lunch. I do the latter most days and to be honest, even if we did have a canteen I'd probably still pack my own lunch as I'm not sure how many vegan options there'd actually be.

5 vegan packed lunch ideas


But so far it's been very easy - although I do have to make sure I know what I'm having for lunch the night before so I can prep it. Here's 5 things I've done myself for lunch over the past 2 weeks here and there, in case anyone needs some inspo - the pics aren't great but you get the idea:

1. Leftovers!
I've found that most of the vegan recipes I've been making serve a lot more than 1, and being the only vegan in the house I often have heaps left over (but I will drop in here that both my mum and boyfriend have eaten AND enjoyed some of my vegan dinners I've made them...!) but either way there's often some left over to either enjoy for dinner again another evening (pop it in the freezer) or find some tupperware and take to the office the next day, ready to be heated up. Win! I did this with my 'Macaro-no Cheese' last week and popped some frozen peas in there too.



2. Vegetable Wrap
I love fajitas and am yet to try them with the Quorn vegan pieces but fancied something similar for lunch. So I fried some peppers, red onion and courgettes with some fajita mix on (some mixes aren't vegan beware), popped some salsa in a wholemeal wrap and bam, you got a vegetable wrap for lunch with a fajita kick!



3. Beans on Toast
I'd often have this at work way before becoming vegan, and it's perfect for days when you can't be bothered to prepare something. Tin of beans + slice of bread = a filling lunch.

vegan beans on toast


4. Lentil Ragu
I made a big batch of lentil ragu for dinner one evening to have with pasta but thought the ragu was so tasty that I could have it by itself. So put the rest in the freezer to save for work. Tip - before putting in the freezer separate in different tuppaware bowls/boxes in serving sizes, so you can defrost only the amount you need, when you need it.

lentil ragu lunch



5. Marmite and 'Cheese' sandwich
I know I said it's useful to pre plan and prep your lunches for work but I know sometimes that's just not possible, so for mornings when you've got nothing and can't be arsed to make anything fancy - a good old sandwich will do the job... one with vegan spread, Marmite and slices of vegan cheese, to be precise... you'd be surprised at what a good combo that is.

Enjoy - let me know what vegan packed lunches you have to inspire me please!


No comments:

Post a Comment